- Parenting Young (closed group): A supported Play Group for parents up to the age of 24 years and their children. The Group meets on Fridays during school term. Contact Tanya Clark 47586811 or 0432 143 452. Click here for Facebook
- Heatherbrae Cottage: A warm, welcoming and inspiring space where grown-ups and children can form friendships, have fun, learn or teach new skills and just “be” and where parents can be supported to help their children thrive. Groups & resources include: Play House & Possum Library (informal play & chat drop-in, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9.30-4.00pm & Wednesday 12.30-4.00pm); Baby time (fortnightly get together for parents & carers and their babies, 1st & 3rd Tuesday of every month 9.30-11.00am); Circle of Security Parenting (throughout the year); Play Therapy (contact Kathie O’Connor on 4758 9966); YAWN- You Ask We Nurture (volunteer visitors for tired families with little babies). Find us at 6 Benang St, Lawson, or call on 4759 1462
- Gateway Family Services: Parenting groups, support and advice for families with children 0-16 years, referral, early intervention, emergency food relief and financial assistance for families and individuals. Find us at 70 Old Bathurst Road, Blaxland, or call on 4739 5963. Click here for our website.
- Blue Mountains Family Support: Parenting advice and early intervention support, referral, parenting groups, emergency food parcels, emergency financial assistance. energy and water vouchers for families and individuals in the Upper Blue Mountains. Phone us on 4782 1555 or click here for our website.
- Australian Breastfeeding Association – Lower Mts Group (group):Our group stretches from Lapstone in the east to Winmalee, Mount Riverview and Hawkesbury Heights, through to Faulconbridge in the west. We meet two to three times a month and provide up-to-date, relevant breastfeeding information and support. ABA offers free breastfeeding support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including public holidays, via email / phone. Click here for website. Click here for Facebook.
- Dads & Kids Playtime: A dads and kids playgroup in Hazelbrook. You will find us at Hazelwood Long Daycare Centre at Hazelbrook shops. Fully equipped preschool room and playground and a trained facilitator to support you in having a wonderful time with your children! Friendly and welcoming environment. Children from babies to preschool age. Simon 4758 9966. Click here for Facebook.
- Resourcing Parents: Would you like some new ideas about parenting? There are lots of Parenting events running in Sydney with new ideas for your family. Find them on www.resourcingparents.com/. Our Mission is to encourage and assist not-for-profit agencies (for example pre-schools, early intervention services, health, non-government agencies, councils, schools) to deliver parenting information, support and education initiatives to families in their community who have children aged 0-8 years. Click here for Facebook.
- Tresillian Family Care Centres: (02) 4734 2124
This service located in Kingswood provides day stay and residential programs for parents of babies aged up to 36 months. You need a referral from either your local Doctor or your child and family health nurse. Parents pay a small fee to cover cost of accommodation and meals
- 24 Hour Parents Help Line :free call 1800 637 357 or if in Sydney (02) 9787 9787
Speak to a child and family-trained nurse about any aspect of parenting. This service is part of the Tresillian Family Care program.
- Elizabeth Evatt Community Legal Centre (02) 4782 4155 or 1300 363 967
Services the Blue Mountains, Oberon, Lithgow and Bathurst regions providing free legal and advocacy assistance. Click here for website. EECLC also has a Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service (WDVCAS) that assists women and children experiencing domestic violence and a tenancy service, Blue Mountains Tenants Advice and Advocacy Service (BMTAAS), which provides advice to tenants in the Blue Mountains. 4 Station Street, Katoomba NSW 2780
- LawAccess NSW: 1300 888 529
Provides legal information and referral and provides legal advice in some cases. Legal information factsheets available from their website- click here.
Hours: 9am – 5pm Mon – Friday (excluding public holidays)
- Financial Rights Legal Centre: (NSW) 1800 007 007
Advice on credit and debt.Financial Counselling information, advice and referral service available to individual consumers in NSW on credit, debt and banking issues. 9.30am to 4.30 pm. Click here for website.
- Blue Mountains – an Aboriginal Place: Often has information on activities for Aboriginal families, and for the general public – with Aboriginal cultural content. This page was established by MOCS (Mountains Outreach Community Service) to support & promote projects, news & events that share knowledge & promote respect for Aboriginal communities in the Blue Mountains. Click here for Facebook.