The Parenting Young Supported Playgroup runs every Friday of school term from 10am to 12.30pm at the Family Day Care Playroom (under Lawson Library, on the corner of San Jose Ave and Loftus Street, Lawson).
WHAT IS PARENTING YOUNG?
Parenting Young is the name given to a project that involves Blue Mountains agencies networking together to promote the well-being of young parents (up to the age of 24) and their children.
We mainly do this by means of Playgroups, activities and retreats and the Parenting Young Facebook group.
The agencies other than Mountains Outreach Community Service that are vital in the delivery of the project include:
- Blue Mountains Women’s Health and Resource Centre
- Platform Youth Services
- Connect Child and Family Services
- Nepean, Blue Mountains Local Health District
- Mountains Youth Support Team
- West Connect Domestic Violence Service
Some of the topics that we might cover in Parenting Young groups and activities include:
- Antenatal health
- Baby and toddler health and development
- Early literacy
- Family Law
- Sexual health
- Guiding children’s behaviour