To keep up with what's happening at MOCS follow us on Facebook.
MOCS’ VISION is to build a healthy interactive community:
- Where vulnerable and disadvantaged children, families and community members are well supported and their resilience and quality of life is improved.
- Where individuals, families and communities participate in opportunities to build a sense of place, community connection and trust through shared experience, knowledge and strong respectful relationships.
- We respect the knowledge, culture and custodianship of the Aboriginal communities of the Blue Mountains and value the reconciliation process.
- We value diversity and advocate for social justice, equity and social inclusion
- We value strengths based community development practice, personal and community empowerment and choice.
Mountains Outreach Community Service is a community managed organisation which brings people together to strengthen community connections and resilience. We are funded through the Department of Family and Community Services and the Department of Education and Communities and provide a range of free or low cost activities and services for children, families, individuals and groups in a variety of locations across the Blue Mountains, including:
- Family and community activities
- Workshops and courses
- Access to information, resources, equipment and skills
Specific services MOCS provides:
- Blue Mountains Occasional Care
- MOCS Mobile Minders – Mobile child care service
- Mid-Mountains Community Hub – Hub for family activities
- Parenting Young
- Paint the Blue REaD early literacy project
- Reconciliation projects and activities
MOCS has worked for over 30 years in the Blue Mountains community. MOCS began as a Western Sydney Area Assistance Scheme (WSAAS) Grant to Springwood Neighbourhood Centre in August 1980 to set up Treehouse Mobile Resource and Information Unit operating from a bus. Treehouse became autonomous in July 1981 and changed its name to Blue Mountains Mobile in 1986 and then to Mountains Outreach Community Service in 1992. The service has always had a mountains-wide focus on support and provision of services to families with young children and on bringing people together to strengthen community connections and resilience.
MOCS is a foundation member of the Stronger Families Alliance.
Please contact us with any questions.