To keep up with what's happening at MOCS follow us on Facebook.
MOCS’ VISION is to build a healthy interactive community:
- Where vulnerable and disadvantaged children, families and community members are well supported and their resilience and quality of life is improved.
- Where individuals, families and communities participate in opportunities to build a sense of place, community connection and trust through shared experience, knowledge and strong respectful relationships.
- We respect the knowledge, culture and custodianship of the Aboriginal communities of the Blue Mountains and value the reconciliation process.
- We value diversity and advocate for social justice, equity and social inclusion
- We value strengths based community development practice, personal and community empowerment and choice.
Mountains Outreach Community Service is a community managed organisation which brings people together to strengthen community connections and resilience. We are funded through the Department of Family and Community Services and the Department of Education and Communities and provide a range of free or low cost activities and services for children, families, individuals and groups in a variety of locations across the Blue Mountains, including:
- Family and community activities
- Workshops and courses
- Access to information, resources, equipment and skills
Specific services MOCS provides:
- Blue Mountains Occasional Care
- MOCS Mobile Minders – Mobile child care service
- Mid-Mountains Community Hub – Hub for family activities
- Parenting Young
- Paint the Blue REaD early literacy project
- Reconciliation projects and activities
MOCS has worked for over 30 years in the Blue Mountains community, beginning as ‘Treehouse’, a Western Sydney Area Assistance Scheme project of Springwood Neighbourhood Centre. MOCS is a foundation member of the Stronger Families Alliance.
Please contact us with any questions.